Published in November 2018 This document is the AGS Business Plan which was published in November 2018.
Working Group Geotechnical
The Geotechnical Working Group aim to promote technical excellence to the wider geotechnical engineering professional community and to raise general awareness of the need for geotechnical engineering input to all construction projects and land asset management to clients and asset owners.
These aims are achieved through the Group’s activities in respect of:
- promoting the activities of the GWG to the AGS Membership and to the wider industry;
- maintaining a watching brief on the geotechnical activities of the wider national and international engineering communities, and reporting these to the membership;
- organising and running GWG initiatives and events on behalf of AGS;
- being involved closely in the drafting and reviewing of national and international standards, codes of practice and other definitive guidance;
- striving to become a leading national authority on geotechnical engineering matters affecting the AGS Membership and the wider industry.
PublicationsView all Publications
ArticlesView all Articles
Stephen West, Leader of the AGS Geotechnical Working Group, has provided an update on the top issues the AGS Geotechnical Working Group…
This year’s AGS Awards took place during the Annual General Meeting at AGS Annual Conference 2019 on Wednesday 3rd April at the…
The Association of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Specialists are pleased to announce the September/October issue of their bi-monthly publication; AGS Magazine. To view…
The AGS Ground Risk Conference was held on 12th September 2018 at the Cavendish Conference Centre in London. Special thanks to the…
The Association of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Specialists are pleased to announce the July/August issue of their bi-monthly publication; AGS Magazine. To view…