Published March 2021 This document is the AGS Interim Strategic Plan 2021.
Working Group Geotechnical
The Geotechnical Working Group aim to promote technical excellence to the wider geotechnical engineering professional community and to raise general awareness of the need for geotechnical engineering input to all construction projects and land asset management to clients and asset owners.
These aims are achieved through the Group’s activities in respect of:
- promoting the activities of the GWG to the AGS Membership and to the wider industry;
- maintaining a watching brief on the geotechnical activities of the wider national and international engineering communities, and reporting these to the membership;
- organising and running GWG initiatives and events on behalf of AGS;
- being involved closely in the drafting and reviewing of national and international standards, codes of practice and other definitive guidance;
- striving to become a leading national authority on geotechnical engineering matters affecting the AGS Membership and the wider industry.
PublicationsView all Publications
Improving Company Performance through Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) is the AGS’ second webinar discussing this subject. The aim for all members and…
[WEBINAR REPLAY] Urban Geoscience: opening up the industry to a more inclusive and diverse community
This inaugural webinar from the AGS will see Nick Koor, (University Geosciences UK Group and the Geological Society), discuss the decline of…
Non-members: £0.00 inc. VAT Add to basket
ArticlesView all Articles
Article provided by Stephen West, Ramboll On 15th September the AGS hosted a webinar on the evolution and use of the Standard…
Currently the AGS offer helplines to all Member companies and practitioners with respect to: the AGS Data Format (the discussion forum on…
The article entitled “are traditional sampling techniques really that bad” published in April’s AGS Magazine has provoked much discussion and debate amongst…
Below are the list of recipients of this year’s AGS Awards. We would like to thank all Working Group participants for their…