Published in November 2018 This document is the AGS Business Plan which was published in November 2018.
Working Group Data Management
The Group created the AGS Data Format in 1992 which has since become the means through which the industry is able to share data from ground investigations. It is now responsible for monitoring its use and revising and updating the format to meet the needs of users.
To promote adoption of the new AGS Data Format (Edition 4) for the transfer of ALL geotechnical and geoenvironmental data in the UK by electronic means. To encourage the use of the AGS Format world-wide as the single standard to use for data transfer in our industry. To access the AGS Data Format click here.
Our permanent objectives
- Hold regular review meetings with users and other interested parties and maintain the format to meet current requirements. Increase responsiveness of the format to developing needs.
- Increase awareness of the format and the benefits available from it.
- Extend the format to cover other related forms of data.
- Increase international adoption of the format.
- Encourage all parties to pass on all project data by electronic means.
PublicationsView all Publications
ArticlesView all Articles
Below are the list of recipients of this year’s AGS Awards. We would like to thank all Working Group participants for their…
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, the decision has been made to postponed the AGS Data Management Conference which was due…
The Association of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Specialists are pleased to announce the September/October issue of their bi-monthly publication; AGS Magazine. To view…
The Association of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Specialists are pleased to announce the July/August issue of their bi-monthly publication; AGS Magazine. To view…