Jackie Bland, Chair, Data Management Group writes:
Following our split of the committee to focus ourselves on both the Format and the marketing of the format, we have had one meeting which was entirely focussed on Ground Modelling / AGSi.
Ground Modelling – AGSi
AGS ground model objectives
- Transfer of derived data
- Contain only the content of geotechnical investigation report (GIR) – as defined by BS5930 / EC7
- Characteristic values (GDR) not in scope
- Purpose of interpretation must be clear
- Publish as AGS4.1 (for public consultation) – as AGS format CSV
- Develop and publish an XML version
- Consider including GML
- Release as beta version (2016-17)
- Publish as AGS5 alongside a CSV version (2020)
- Interface with other projects – BGS/Keynetix
- Liaise with BuildingSmart / IFC class – open dialog with committee to establish method to progress collaboration
Conference at Geotechnica in July 2015
Julian Lovell has very kindly offered us a 2 hour slot at the exhibition which we will use as a marketing/educational opportunity for AGS4, BS8574, BIM and a workshop for AGS4i.
Following on from the last AGS main committee meeting in November, the website redevelopment will not include any change to the AGS Format web-pages. Instead, it will be left in its current state as a sub-site of the main website. Hilary Derbyshire will continue to maintain the pages (providing she doesn’t retire!) until more funding can be found to move it to the new platform.