The Task Force is a joint initiative between the Association of Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Specialists (AGS) and the British Drilling Association (BDA) established to shine a ‘Spotlight’ on the UK Ground Investigation industry. The initiative intends to gauge and provide feedback on the current state and standard of the UK Ground Investigation industry.
Following on from the UK Ground Investigation Survey which was carried out in 2016, there will be 11 bulletins across the next three months. These bulletins will provide statistical feedback from the survey’s findings.
The bulletins which have issued by the AGS BDA Task Force can be viewed below.
1. Introduction & Summary of Demographics
2. Technical Standards – Familiarity and Application
3. Health, Safety & Welfare Legislation – Industry Familiarity & Adherence To
4. Procurement VS Technical Standards and Health, Safety & Welfare Legislation
5. Contract Specifications / Enforcement VS Technical Standards
6. Plant & Equipment vs Technical Standards and Health, Safety & Welfare
7. Innovation vs Technical Standards
Pre-Bulletin 8 Update
8. Experience and Best Practice from Other Countries
9. Review of UK GI Practices
10. Challenges in the future for the UK GI Industry
11. Improving the uptake of the Technical Standards