This document was published in July 2012
- Work near water must be planned and a safe system of work established
- Where there is potential for drowning a rescue plan must be established.
- Active sewage treatment works some tanks may contain aerated liquids. These foams are very light and have limited buoyancy and hence are very hazardous.
- Rescue equipment appropriate to the situation must be available on site and be regularly inspected.
- Where the work is carried out offshore, personal survival training must be provided.
- Boats and vessels need suitable checks.
- Travel in high speed boats such as RIBS may involve special risks.