Published in September 2015
- Skin Cancers are one of the most common forms of cancers.
- Outdoor workers within the geotechnical & geoenvironmental industry may be exposed to sunlight and associated ultraviolet (UV) rays for long periods.
- Outdoor workers therefore have an increased risk of developing skin cancers through exposure to solar radiation.
- Every incidence of sun burn increases the possibility of developing skin cancer
- The best prevention is to cover up and pay particular attention to protecting the head, face and neck.