The AGS are pleased to announce they are holding a new photography competition, this time to source a new striking cover image for the 2022 edition of the Loss Prevention Guidance.
This new document will consist of key papers which will provide members with in-depth advice and knowledge on multiple issues that could affect legal liability and financial exposure. Topics include liability, contract, insurance and health & safety. The AGS Loss Prevention Guidance was last reviewed in 2017 and the next review will be published in the New Year (2022).
We’re on the lookout for your most creative images which are reflective of the industry. Ideally, the image will be free of people, however this isn’t essential and we’re happy to consider all images of a geotechnical, engineering and loss prevention nature.
Entry into the competition is free and the winner of the competition will win a food hamper basket from luxury retailer, Fortnum and Mason, worth over £75, together with the prestige of their photograph featuring on this important document. Three runners up will each win a bottle of Champagne.
There are no restrictions on the photography equipment used, so feel free to use a phone, computer, tablet or a traditional hand-held camera to capture your image as long as the criteria below are met.
All entries will be reviewed by select members of the AGS Loss Prevention Working Group, who will decide on a shortlist and a potential winner. Full details will be announced in the April / May 2022 issue of AGS Magazine.
The AGS are looking for high resolution jpeg images (300 DPI / over 1mb image file size) of a geotechnical, engineering or loss prevention nature. Images should be no smaller than 4200 x 3400 pixels. Please note that images in landscape orientation are preferred.
HOW TO ENTER
• Please email your image with;
o A short description of what it showcases and where it was taken (up to 50 words)
o Image credit information (if applicable)
o Your full name
o Company name
o Postal address
to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘AGS Magazine: Loss Prevention Guidance Photography Competition.
• There is no limit to the number of images you enter.
• The deadline for entries is Friday 25th February 2022
• Entry into the competition is free
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Applicants must be aged 18 or over.
• All images must be high resolution and 300 DPI (dots per inch) / over 1mb image file size.
• Applicants must be based in the UK.
• Inclusion of any images on the final guidance document is up to the discretion of the AGS
• The photographer must have full copyright of all entered images.
• All images entered may be reproduced by the AGS and used in future AGS event and marketing literature without prior notice. This may include usage across the AGS’ social media channels, inclusion in the AGS Magazine, event programmes and on the AGS website. Please note that all images used will be credited.