The AGS are holding a photography competition to source a potential cover for the third edition of the UK Specification for Ground Investigation (Yellow Book). Yellow book is instrumental within the geotechnical industry and is intended to aid general application to ground investigation work as well as associated schedules and bills of quantities. This document is currently within a review process and the Third Edition is due to be published in 2021.
We’re on the lookout for your most creative images which are reflective of the industry. Ideally, the image will be free of people, however this isn’t essential and we’re happy to consider all images of a geotechnical and engineering nature.
Entry into the competition is free and the winner of the competition will win a food hamper basket from luxury retailer, Fortnum and Mason, worth over £75. Three runners up will each win a bottle of Champagne.
There are no restrictions on the photography equipment used, so feel free to use a phone, computer, tablet or a traditional hand-held camera to capture your image.
All entries will be reviewed by select members of the AGS Magazine Editorial Board and the AGS Procurement of Ground Investigation Steering Group, who will decide on a shortlist and a potential winner. Full details will be announced in the March 2021 issue of AGS Magazine.
The AGS are looking for high resolution jpeg images (no less than 300 dpi / over 1mb image file size) of a geotechnical nature. Images should be no smaller than 4200 x 3400 pixels. Please note that landscape images are preferred.
HOW TO ENTER
• Please email your image with;
o A short description of what it showcases and where it was taken (up to 50 words)
o Image credit information (if applicable)
o Your full name
o Company name
o Postal address
to email@example.com with the subject title ‘AGS Magazine: Yellow Book Photography Competition’.
• There is no limit to the number of images you enter.
• The deadline for entries is Friday 5th February 2021.
• Entry into the competition is free
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Applicants must be aged 18 or over.
• All images must be high resolution and 300 DPI (dots per inch) / over 1mb image file size.
• Applicants must be based in the UK.
• The photographer must have full copyright of all entered images.
• All images entered may be reproduced by the AGS and used in future AGS event and marketing literature without prior notice. This may include usage across the AGS’ social media channels, inclusion in the AGS Magazine, event programmes and on the AGS website. Please note that all images used will be credited.
• The AGS will put forward the winning entry to ICE Publishing for use as a cover image for the Yellow Book but cannot guarantee that it will be used.