TO DOWNLOAD A COPY PLEASE CLICK here
A new addition to the bestselling Site Investigation in Construction series.
UK Specification for Ground Investigation provides best practice guidance for designing and executing good-quality site investigation to help reduce increases in time and costs, to construction professionals and clients, from unexpected ground conditions during construction.
Endorsed by the Highways Agency, Environment Agency, British Waterways and Network Rail, UK Specification for Ground Investigation is applicable to all ground investigation work. Revised in line with the many advances and regulatory changes affecting ground investigation, particularly in respect of contaminated ground and dealing with waste materials, the Specification has an increased number of sub-clauses to reflect the requirement for many investigations to use combinations of methods and varying sampling techniques.
UK Specification for Ground Investigation
- can be used for contracts of any size, with any form of contract and method of measurement
- meets current standards and complies with established good practice
- includes associated Schedules and a Bill of Quantities, drafted to be compatible with the Specification
- can be modified for a specific investigation; the Schedules provide for modifications to the Specification
- includes Notes for Guidance alongside each clause.
UK Specification for Ground Investigation is an essential document for all ground practitioners involved in ground investigation, including geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists, environmental scientists and archaeologists, as well as specialists in other disciplines involved in specific investigations.
This is the second book published in the bestselling Site Investigation in Construction series.
- General requirements
- Percussion boring
- Rotary drilling
- Pitting and trenching
- Sampling and mentoring during intrusive investigation
- Probing and cone penetrating testing
- Geophysical testing
- In situ testing
- Installation monitoring and sampling
- Daily records
- Geotechnical laboratory testing
- Geoenvironmental laboratory testing
- Information and site specific requirements
- Exploratory holes
- Investigation Supervisor’s facilities
- Specification amendments
- Specification additions
Notes for Guidance on the UK Specification for Ground Investigation
Bill of Quantities for Ground Investigation
Notes for Guidance