Published 10th January 2019
• Slope climbing plant is now used in many ground investigations to mobilise drilling rigs and equipment to difficult exploratory borehole locations.
• They are most commonly used on used on sites of uneven and varying terrains, typically cuttings, embankments and steep inclines.
• De-vegetation is a vital consideration with many of the items of plant relying on friction to ensure progress into position and an enlarged work area surrounding the borehole location.
• Access and egress requires robust risk assessment with consideration to design of an anchoring system by a competent person.
• Adequate access and egress must be created for the site personnel.