AGS Members’ Day 2018 was held on 11th April 2018 at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham. The day was a great success and well attended by around 150 delegates.
Special thanks to this year’s speakers who presented on ‘Working with the new BS ISO 18504:2017 – Sustainable Remediation’, ‘Changes of Eurocode 7 in 202X’, ‘Bridging the gap between investigation, testing, design and construction’, ‘Mineworking Remediation’ and Legal issue in connection with the use of the AGS Digital Data Format’.
2018’s Members’ Day also saw the second “AGS Awards” take place during the Annual General Meeting, where a select number of Members were presented with awards to thank them for their contribution and dedication to the AGS.
Special thanks also to this year’s sponsors:
Soil Engineering, AmbiSense, Concept, Envirolab, Fugro, Geotechnical Engineering, i2 Analytical, In Situ Site Investigation, Land Science, Lankelma, NHBC, Quantum Geotechnical, Robertson Geologging, SOCOTEC, Structural Soils and Landmark Information.
Presentations from AGS Members’ Day can be viewed below;
1. Chairman’s Introduction 2018
2. Business Practice WG Report – Sally Hudson
3. Data Management WG Report – Jackie Bland
4. Loss Prevention WG Report – Hugh Mallett
5. Working with the new BS ISO 18504:2017 – Sustainable Remediation – Dr Paul Nathanail
6. Geotechnical WG Report – Neil Chadwick
7. Laboratories WG Report – Dimitris Xirouchakis
8. Contaminated Land WG Report – Vivien Dent
9. Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes: Eurocode 7 in 202X – Andrew Bond
10. Safety WG Report – Adam Latimer
11. Legal issues in connection with the use of the AGS Digital Data Format – Guy Lane