AGS Members Day 2017 was held on 6th April 2017 at the Barbican. The day was a great success and well attended by around 150 delegates.
Special thanks to this year’s speakers who presented on Gasworks Redevelopment Projects from around Europe, Asbestos in Soils: Innovative Laboratory Techniques to Assist in Evaluating Risk, A645 Newland Bridge Major Repair Works and How the AGS is Helping to Build a Clearer Picture of London’s Anomalous Ground.
2017’s Members’ Day also saw the first “AGS Awards” take place during the Annual General Meeting, where a select number of Members were presented with awards to thank them for their contribution and dedication to the AGS. This segment will continue in 2018, giving special recognition to those individuals who have progressed the work and initiatives of the AGS.
Special thanks also to this year’s sponsors:
Land Science, DETS, Fugro, ALS, Geotechnical Engineering Ltd, Soil Engineering, Geoservices Ltd, Concept, WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff and Mouchel, Equipe, Structural Soils Ltd, Envirolab, In Situ Site Investigation and i2 Analytical
Presentations from AGS Members’ Day can be viewed below;
1. Chairman’s Introduction 2017
2. DMWG report – Jackie Bland
3. LPWG Report – Hugh Mallett
4. Asbestos in Soils – Dr Claire Stone
5. Labs WG Report – John Powell
6. BPWG Report – John Talbot
7. CLWG Report – Neil Parry
8. SWG Report – Adam Latimer
9. How AGS is helping build a clearer picture of London’s anomalous ground – Richard Ghail
10. A645 Newland Bridge – Major Repair Works – Dr Andrew Smith
11. Gasworks redevelopment projects from around Europe – Prof Russell Thomas